Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What a Trip

It's been quite a weekend. We had the fantastic opportunity of hosting a tea at our home on Saturday for the ladies at church. It was a beautiful time of laughter and fellowship. My friend Betty brought quilts from her family to share with us -- some over a hundred years old --  that were made by her mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother. Most of them were gorgeously hand quilted, and some of the patterns looked surprisingly modern in design. It was amazing and humbling to look at such stunning quilts.


Tonight my husband and I returned from a night away from the kids thanks to my wonderful parents who babysat for us. (To give you a clue of what a big deal this was, we had to do some serious figuring to remember when our last overnight getaway happened; we finally realized that it was December of 2008.) I wish I had a picture of the two of us together, but we didn't get the chance to have anyone take one for us. This photo was taken at the Santa Barbara Zoo, which was a really fun place to visit.


We had a lovely time on our trip, and my darling husband even let me swing by L.A.'s fantastic Sew Modern fabric shop on the way home. It was such a treat, and I was so excited to snag these three beauties. Can't wait to get back to my sewing machine tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. How nice to get away for a night! My husband and I are planning a weekend trip to Seattle next month. I can't wait!! I have yet to discover a great Seattle quilt shop though, I'll have to keep looking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! We need to do that every so often...even when the kids are big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun for you. I've been wanting to visit the Sew Modern shop. Maybe one of these days!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...