Thursday, March 1, 2012

So Long, February


I will always look back on February 2012 as the month that blogging came alive for me thanks to Lynne of Lily's Quilts. Her Small Blog Meet is a brilliant idea, giving new bloggers like me the chance to branch out and get to know other people who are also stepping out into the amazing online quilting community. If you have the chance, click on the button to the right to see what's going on there today.

It's been a great month of sewing.  My new sewing room is finally in working order, making it easier for me to plan, store, and finish my projects. I also got the chance to try making several new items this month...pillows, a bag, a more complex wall hanging, even a little improvisational quilting. It's opened my eyes to the possibilities, and my want-to-do list is growing by the day.

Perhaps the best thing about this month was getting to know so many other quilters. I've enjoyed meeting new people and seeing what they're learning and accomplishing. It's been such an inspiration, and I'm so grateful for the encouragement to keep growing.

So long, February. You were amazing.

Linking up to Fresh Sewing Day and Small Blog Meet!

17 comments:

  1. Hello, stopping by to say Hi from Lilly's small blog meet. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also stopping by from Lily's small blog meet. I just started blogging about my sewing "misadventures" last week. I'm looking forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Coming by from Lily's Quilts...and I recognize you from the little scrappy rainbow quilt with the b/w binding! Love your stuff! Have a great March!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!! I love your sewing room...to cute! It's nice to have a place to call your own..so you can art!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started following you at the beginning of Feb through the Lily's Quilts link-up. I've enjoyed seeing everything you've made - you do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just started following you via Lily's Quilts. I'm looking forward to reading all of your postings. Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your projects all look so fun, Heidi! I love your scrappy mini and the bag you made for your daughter is fabulous. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am already a follower, but spotted you on Lily's small blog meet and thought I'd pop by and say hi! Congrats on all the finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had a cracking Feb - love all your makes!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the look of your sewing room and your creations for this month are so happy and colourful

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, stopping by from the Small Blog Meet.

    Wishing I had your sewing room to work in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Heidi - stopping via Lily's small blog meet. You've had a great month for projects! I've been looking for black and white striped fabric similar to what you have on your scrappy mini-quilt - I don't suppose you know the name/manufacturer?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm over to here to check yours out. I love the peeks into your sewing space and I really love your Scrap Happy mini. So cheerful! www.paperstarfish.prettyposies.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey! stopping by from lily's quilts SBM. your mosaic is so colourful and wow a sewing room! How wonderful. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your sewing space- it's so nice! And those projects are marvelous!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've made some beautiful things - lovely to meet you:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've got a sewing room.....no I'm not jealous!
    Love your makes.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...