Friday, March 9, 2012

Seeing Stripes


It's been a crazy week, but I somehow I was able to finish this pillow yesterday between crossing other tasks off my to-do list. I knew that I wanted to make something for my friend that included a nod to her love of tigers. I pulled out my new fat quarters of Hello Pilgrim by Lizzy House, and decided to go all the way with a pattern of stripes for the pillow itself.



This cheeky little tiger is leftover from the backing of the I-Spy quilt I made for my girls, the Escapees in Aqua print by Michael Miller. I love the way the background prints almost suggest a jungle setting. The back of the pillow is the same as the green print on the front, only in brown. The pillow has been such a hit with the family that they want me to make an entire set of pillows for the family room using Hello Pilgrim prints. I can't wait to get started.

Linking up to Finish It Up Friday, Sew & Tell Friday, and Confessions of a Fabric Addict!

15 comments:

  1. Super pillow! I just bought Hello Pilgrim fat quarters. I can hardly wait til it gets here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. The colors are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tiger is adorable, what a fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am eying Hellow Pilgrim - this is just stunning and love the addition of the tiger - nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love all the colors that you used...so cheerful and the neat touch of an applique is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is adorable! Perfect combination of prints with your little tiger. She's going to love it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very bright and Mr. Tiger looks quite smug...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fabric in this, it looks great. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! I hope your friend likes it! www.paperstarfish.prettyposies.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not sure why my comment is spaced very strangely above! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is definitely a cheeky little tiger - but so cute! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...