Monday, March 26, 2012

Mouse's Bag


The parade of bags ends today with this little number that I made for Mouse. Since she's not yet two years old, I opted against the crossbody style I used for the other girls -- no need to give her anything handy to wrap around her neck. It's been pouring rain outside, so I'm afraid the pictures will have to be indoor ones today. For the outside, I used the orange Birds and Flowers print by David Walker from his Get Together collection for Free Spirit. Inside I put one of my favorites...the rows of green geese from Lizzy House's Red Letter Day collection. I love that you can see one of the few blue ducks on the print as you look just inside the bag.


Here's the bag in use holding one of the first toys I ever sewed on our machine...a pink fleece "Mousie" for my Mouse. The orange chair, by the way, belonged to my mother when she was a little girl. I love having things in our home with that kind of family history.

It's been a busy weekend; my parents-in-law are visiting from Arizona, so we've had a whirlwind of activity around here. I've managed to sneak in some work on a few things over the weekend that I can't show yet, but hopefully I'll be posting about them soon. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

Linking up to Sew Modern Monday and Manic Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Those little birds are so cute, and I'm in love with all things orange this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute bag. Love your fabric combo, so adorable, just perfect for a little girl.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...