It was a wonderful surprise last night to hear from Tink's Mom at Selina Quilts who gave me the happy news that she was passing on the Liebster Award to me here at Fabric Mutt. For those of you who may not know, the Liebster Award can only be given to outstanding blogs who have fewer than 200 followers. The recipient then has the fun task of passing that award on to five other small gems of the blog world. It's a great way to spread the word about amazing new people out there who are sharing their talents online. The rules attached to this award are as follows:
- Post the big news about your award on your blog -- definitely the easiest task to accomplish!
- Pick five fantastic blogs -- each having less than 200 followers -- to be the next recipients of the Liebster Award. List their names on your blog and include links to their websites. Then be sure to leave a comment on their blog to let them know that they've won!
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them (you're awesome, Tink's Mom!!).
- Carla at Sew It Up, Baby is fearless when it comes to trying new things. She's participated in about a gazillion quilt-a-longs and swaps, and she has a multitude of beautiful projects displayed on her blog. I particularly love the single girl quilt she's working on right now.
- Katie at there & back gives new meaning to the word "multi-talented." All you have to do is look at her mosaic of projects for the month of February to see that this woman is amazing. Crochet, embroidery, quilting -- she does it all and shares it with a delightfully wry sense of humor.
- Jeanette at Stamp*Stitch*Create specializes in scrap booking, but her talents definitely extend to the sewing world. Her projects are so colorful and creative and just plain cute. And I'm absolutely in love with her quilt for the Modern Mini Challenge.
- Jacey at Jaceycraft is the place to go if you're looking for some great mini quilts. She's a whiz at both knitting and sewing, and you'll find lots of both on her blog. She's even kind enough to include a feature called "Food Friday" in which she shares all sorts of drool-worthy recipes each week (hello, brown sugar and pecan shortbread!).
- Deborah at Simply Miss Luella has one of the most adorable quilting websites online. The blog is named after her great aunt (how sweet is that?!), and it's chock full of quilty inspiration. I love looking at her colorful quilt blocks and crocheted hexagons -- all with a great vintage vibe to them.