Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring Break


It's been wonderful having my husband home for two weeks of spring break...I love his teaching schedule. It's given us time for lots of activities together as a family, and I've even gotten a little bit of extra sewing time here and there.

At long last I've buckled down and started work on the girls' new bed quilts. I've been saving a set of Castle Peeps fat quarters by Lizzy House for months now. Funny how hard it is to cut into fabric that you love; I have this terrible fear that I'm going to ruin it somehow. Still, considering how much use these quilts will get, I'm sure it won't be long before I'll be making them new ones anyway. I'm cutting each fat quarter into three pieces, and each set of fabric will be used to design a different quilt for each girl. I need to make them unique so that they'll be easy for the girls to recognize at a glance, and as a bonus, it will break up the monotony of doing three in a row of the same project. This picture shows a section from my first attempt. I'm hoping to have this one done by Friday...we'll see how much work the girls let me finish until then!

Linking up to Work In Progress Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand that fear of cutting into special fabric- I have it too! But the castle peeps are so much fun... can't wait to see the 3 finished projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this line but don't own a stitch of it! I like your idea of using it differently for three quilts. It will be fun to see how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...