Monday, March 5, 2012

Super Spy


The I-Spy quilt that I've been working on for my girls is finally done, and not a moment too soon. They've been waiting to pounce on it ever since I pulled out the charm squares from my Ellison Lane Quilts swap. I went through at least a dozen ideas for this quilt, but in the end, I decided that simple was best. "After all," my husband said, "it's all about the game, right?" The grid of modern fabric squares is separated by strips of my beloved grey -- is there anything that does not look great with this color? -- and bound by Lizzy House's Pearl Bracelet in red and white.


On the back I put a print which I absolutely adore, Michael Miller's Retro Escapees in aqua. I've been saving this one for a kid's quilt, and this was perfect. It's almost like having another I-Spy game on the back. I love the way the light shining through the quilt makes the back look like it's all lit up with Christmas lights.


This is going to be a well loved quilt, I can tell already. All I had to do was toss it on the floor and say, "Alright, girls . . . it's all yours." And yes, all three of them did actually pounce.

Linking up to Sew Modern Monday, Manic Monday & Fabric Tuesday!

16 comments:

  1. So many cute prints in there! Very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I love the light to dark transition in color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really great! How wide did you cut your sashing? I'm waiting on two rounds of I-spy fabric to come back to me from swaps I've been in this year and love this! It looks great, and must be awesome to see your kids loving it up so much too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So love what you did with our squares- still gotta get mine into a quilt- just so fun!! And btw- I have been going crazy over your retro kitchen! It is just too perfect :) It makes me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a quilt that can be cuddled! I made an I -Spy for my grandson and it's one of his favorites! Yours is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so awesome! I love I Spy quilts and bright prints and your quilt puts them all together without being overwhelming. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the grey sashing. it's one of my fav "I Spys" so far. I think that grey lends a bit of a resting place for the action-packed "spy" fabrics. =)

    hugZ,
    annie
    anniesrubyslipperz.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The grey sashing adds a lovely touch and the back is super cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!! I have a pack of charm squares and I think it's going to end up getting a quilt treatment like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love I Spy quilts and yours is awesome. Great fabric for the backing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it so much! Wow, I guess I should really start working on mine!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see why they pounced. So much to look for. Binding frames it really well and the subtle colours going diagonal look great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a seriously awesome i-spy- and the grey is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is great, I love it, still deciding on a pattern for a quilt for my little guy.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...