Thursday, May 3, 2012

Zakka Pencil Pouch


I love this week's Zakka project: the pencil pouch. What a perfect option for last minute gifts! I made two versions of this at the same time: one for Bunny's school supplies and one for my mom's reading glasses. It's always great to see how different fabric combinations can change the look of a piece. I played with this quite a bit before settling on my final choices. Bunny's pouch features Castle Peeps by Lizzy House, and Mom's is made of scraps from Reunion by Sweetwater.


I made my pouches half an inch wider than the book called for and I'm glad that I did. This was a tricky one to turn inside out at the end, and I was pretty grateful for that extra half inch. As you can see, I unfortunately sewed the lining on so that the prints are upside down -- something I didn't notice until both pouches were finished...sigh. I'll definitely make a note in the book to watch out for that next time.


I just looked at the calendar last night and realized that Mother's Day is only a week from Sunday. How did this sneak up on me so quickly? I'll be working this morning on gifts for my mom and my mother-in-law. It's so fun to be able to do something for these two amazing women who have been such an incredible blessing to me. Meanwhile, if you haven't signed up for my giveaway, please do so today -- I'll be picking a winner tomorrow morning. Have a happy Thursday!

Linking up to the Zakka Along.

4 comments:

  1. They turned out adorable! I know I've probably told you before, but I love your fabric stash! Also very good idea on making it a bit wider, I think I spent more time struggling to get it right side out than I did making the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like it was a fun project. I plan on doing some projects with linen. It looks great. How do I cahne my setting from no reply blogger?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun! That was smart making it a tad wider! I agree with Taryn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! Great fabrics and good tips should I ever get the book :)

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...