Monday, May 7, 2012

Shopping List Folio



It's a good thing that Amanda Jean of Crazy Mom Quilts is hosting a Small Projects Sew Along, because it seems like there are a million little projects that need doing this month. The idea is to make a list of things you'd like to get done in the month of May, blogging and posting pictures as you finish each one. Here's the list I made over the weekend...

1. gifts for Bunny's AWANA teachers & aides
2. purse for my mother
3. purse for my mother-in-law
4. Zakka quilt magnets
5. Zakka mug rug
6. Zakka block quilt
7. birthday gift for my trainer
8. pencil pouch for Bear
9. finish Modern She Made Swap project
10. purse for myself
11. gifts for two friends at church
12. bind Bear's quilt
13. quilt & bind Bunny's quilt
14. quilt & bind Mouse's quilt
15. pillows for the family room

That's all that I can think of at the moment. Looks like it's going to be a busy month.


Yesterday I was able to try out a pattern that I'll probably use for the first item on my to-do list: the holiday shopping list folio from the upcoming book Pretty in Patchwork: Holidays, which is coming out in August. Lark Crafts has a link to the pattern on their website here.


It's a great little project which reminds me quite a bit of the Zakka pieces I've been doing lately. The only trouble I had was that my pieces didn't quite match up at the end, and I needed to add an extra strip of linen at the bottom of the front panel, but I actually kind of like the way it turned out. For my fabric, I used Salt Air by Cosmo Cricket, a natural linen blend, and a piece grey dot print by Denyse Schmidt. I plan to make a set of these to give to Bunny's teachers and aides at her AWANA Bible club which is wrapping up classes for the year on Thursday. Guess I'd better get hopping on this one if I'm going to make it in time!


Linking up to Sew Modern Monday & Manic Monday.

8 comments:

  1. So pretty... love the fabric! Yep, this is the exact same thing I was making! Yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rather like this one. Looks fun and useful. Lucky teachers, but busy you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heidi, I'm Connie at http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/, a new GFC friend. I would love it if you stop by and be mine. This is the cutest idea. I'm always fishing for a pen or a paper in my purse, this would make it so much easier. Thanks for sharing your project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that folio just soooo adorable!!!! and your list long and full of fun projects, can't wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is some list! I love the folio :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. whew! Someone with a list longer than mine! I am working on several projects at once, with mother's day as my first deadline! Good luck on yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really cute folio cover. :) Thank you very much for the link and enjoy making the projects on your list. I am looking forward to see your finished products. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Debbie....I think your list is longer than mine too! Thanks for the link to this practical project. Yours looks great esp. with the extra strip of linen.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...