Saturday, May 12, 2012

Surprise


Though she rarely comments here on the blog, I don't know if anyone follows it more faithfully than my sister. She will often call me up to ask questions or tell me what she likes about a project I've posted, and she's always ready with praise and encouragement for what I'm sewing. My sister is a gifted lady with a great deal of artistic talent, and it's fun to sit down with her to chat about the blog, sewing, and the challenges of life as stay-at-home moms.

Anyway, I had to show you the surprise that my sister gave me when we stopped by her home for a visit this afternoon. She ducked back into her bedroom and came out with this lovely little shadow box that she had put together for me using fabric, embroidery, scrap book paper, and some vintage sewing notions. Look familiar?

I couldn't have been more touched. Thanks, Sis. You're the best.

13 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME! Great job, sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that IS very clever and a lovely surprise. Wish I had a sister who did that. Wish I had a sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Perhaps you could loan your sister out to those of us who are stuck with stinky brothers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO sweet! Who would've thought to do that. nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is incredible! what a sweet sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable. What a lovely sister who recognizes that she has a wonderful sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so sweet! I love how she so perfectly captured the little dog peeking from behind the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome. I'm a little teary eyed at how special that is. It really shows how much she loves and supports you. Happy Mothers Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful! You have a very sweet sister.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Great that you're such close sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sisters are wonderful. Very cute shadow box.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So adorable! I've got one of those sisters, too...aren't we lucky?

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just the sweetest thing! Aren't sisters awesome??

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...