Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mother's Day Tote


Cross the first item off the small project list! This tote is a Mother's Day gift for my wonderful mother-in-law and will be heading for the post office this afternoon. I followed the directions for the Zakka Style Zig-Zag Tote, but this time I kept the outside all one piece and ditched the fusible batting for fusible interfacing. It makes for a lighter bag overall, and I love the simplicity of it. This time I also decided to box the edges of the bag's bottom -- I wanted a flatter bag the first time and skipped this step. I used Bloom in Tomatovine from Melody Miller's Ruby Star Spring line for the outside of the bag. Orange and Carrot circles from Robert Kaufman's Metro Living collection make up the lining and the inside pocket. The orange looks a little brighter in these photos than it is in person, but you get the idea.


I love this version just as much as my first attempt at the bag, which has since been pressed into use as our family diaper bag.  It's wonderful to have such a great pattern on hand that can be adapted as needed. I expect that this won't be my last Zakka bag.

Linking up to Fabric Tuesday.


6 comments:

  1. You've done it again! Another stunning project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabrics you've chosen! Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! I love the orange lining!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like your fabric choices

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's even better than it looks in the photo!
    Bless you, Heidi.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...