Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Folio Mania


Teacher gifts are finished and ready to go! I used the same wonderful pattern from the upcoming Pretty in Patchwork: Holidays book that I tried over the weekend, but this time I made them slightly larger. I also used strips instead of squares for the patchwork front in order to save a little time. For the fabrics, I used a mix of Reunion by Sweetwater, Hometown by Sweetwater, and Circa 1934 by Cosmo Cricket along with a natural colored linen blend.


The final product fits my store bought mini legal pads perfectly, and all I need to do is tuck a thank you card in the triangular inside pocket. My small project list now looks like this...

1. gifts for Bunny's AWANA teachers & aides DONE
2. purse for my mother
3. purse for my mother-in-law DONE
4. Zakka quilt magnets
5. Zakka mug rug
6. Zakka block quilt
7. birthday gift for my trainer
8. pencil pouch for Bear
9. finish Modern She Made Swap project
10. purse for myself
11. gifts for two friends at church
12. bind Bear's quilt
13. quilt & bind Bunny's quilt
14. quilt & bind Mouse's quilt
15. pillows for the family room


We're making progress! Linking up to Work In Progress Wednesday.

11 comments:

  1. Heidi, those are so cute! Your kids' teachers will be happy to receive such wonderful presents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great gift idea, Heidi! And you sneaky girl, how'd you get your hands on that book already???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those, very lucky teachers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! Those look great and are so handy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gifts you made. This post has reminded me to put up my 12 in 2012 list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun teacher gifts. There's no better gift than your time. Those teachers love homemade gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea for teacher gifts! They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these teacher presents! I'm a teacher and one of these would be perfect! Sooooooo much more interesting and thoughtful than the usual plants and chocolates :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,
    I am just curious as to how much you increased the overall size by? I own the book so I have the pattern, but would like to make them a bit larger as well.
    Thanks,
    Natalie natmax@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...