Monday, February 27, 2012

Progress


Thanks so much to all of you who left such kind comments about my scrappy mini quilt over the weekend.  I've learned that I'm not the only one who uses sewing as an alternate route to sanity. I'm so thankful for this amazing community of quilters we have online. What a blessing!


Last Thursday I received a lovely package in the mail: my treasure trove from the Ellison Lane Quilts I-Spy Charm Swap. I spent a few minutes late last night playing around with ideas for the quilt I want to make for my daughters. I'm really looking forward to putting this one together.


I'm also still churning out a few more Hello Luscious pinwheel table toppers for the upcoming ladies' tea at our house. Still loving this fabric too.


Most of my weekend was spent working on my mini quilt for the Modern Mini Challenge. All I have left to do is hand stitch the binding to the back, and it will finally be finished. I can't wait to show it to you, but I know I have to wait until next Monday. In any case, it feels good to be starting a week with something to show for the weekend.

Linking up to Sew Modern Monday, Manic Monday & Fabric Tuesday!

8 comments:

  1. I love the idea of I spy quilts and will be excited to see what you come up with!

    I love the whale print too! I stood in our local fabric store holding a bolt of it in the purple colorway for like fifteen minutes the other day before I concluded I didn't really *need* any, but it was so hard to put down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love I spy quilts, I've started a little zip lock bag with some fussy cut pieces, I love your charms, ESP the bug jar, I may have to buy some of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh we were in the I SPY swap together! Don't you just love the charms? Can't wait to see what your quilt that you make from them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the text on your scrappy mini! You have some
    lovely projects going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those fabrics from your i-spy swap. I am also working on my modern mini for the challenge, but I need to get moving on it since I am hand quilting it!

    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo I want some of your Hello Luscious stash!!! I need to get some of that! And fun I spy quilt, can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...