Friday, February 17, 2012

Home Sweet Home



California seems to have lost its reputation as the Golden State in recent years, many people viewing it as a home for national disasters and an entire spectrum of nuttiness. While I've spent time in other states and countries and even toyed with the thought of moving to another part of the U.S., Southern California is still home. What I love about the new line of California Girl fabric by Fig Tree Quilts for Moda is that it reminds me of the often forgotten side of the state: fruit groves and flowers, tile floors and old houses. I made this mini quilt as a reminder for myself that home -- with all of its issues -- is still home. And I'm grateful to be here.



Linking up to Finish It Up Friday, Sew & Tell Friday, and Confessions of a Fabric Addict. Have a wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Heidi that came out wonderfully! Your fabric choices make this a sweet mini.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worship this! I've been trying to imagine a really great "state" quilt (I want to do all of them on one) and this is by far the coolest thing I've seen so far to inspire. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you've inspired me alright. I shouldn't be thanking you, as I don't need another project, but this is too awesome to pass up. Well done - super fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a cool quilt. I lived once in California and I enjoyed it. I now live in Utah and think I will stay here hehe.

    http//richardquilts.blogspot.com
    Make sure you stop by and put your guess in my quilt givaway by guessing my babys B-day or Birth Weight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun idea and you've pieced it perfectly! Love the fabrics and colors you've chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing work! Looks great. I love the patchworky look, and creating a tribute to your home is always special. Nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really pretty! I love how you put your quilt all together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a clever idea..I love it!! The fabrics are very pretty too..just perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so sweet! I love how you did the state in patchwork and put the heart where you live (I assume). The stitched verse it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea, Heidi! I love it! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful! I'm a (northern) California girl myself and want to make a quilt with this line to celebrate that too! I love what you've done! How did you do it? I'd love to copy you!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. THis is really pretty, I've been wanting to make more geography quilts, this is the best I've seen in a while!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...