Monday, February 13, 2012

A Monday Finish



It's wet and windy outside, so my pictures will have to be indoors today. Just finished putting the binding on this table runner for our upcoming ladies' tea. I have to admit that I'm pretty enamored of this black and white striped print. I want to bind everything with it! Somehow it seems to make a quilt's colors pop more than anything else I use.



The pinwheels were made from Hello Luscious charm squares, and the back is a hop dot print from the Nicey Jane line. I'm working on a few more similar table toppers, but those are square shaped instead of long. In between all of this, I'm continuing to work on my mini quilt for the Modern Mini contest. I'm having a lot of fun and probably obsessing way more than I should over the details. I can't wait to post pictures of it here.



Linking up to Sew Modern Monday, Manic Monday, and Fabric Tuesday!

8 comments:

  1. I love your fabric choices...the table runner is adorable. :)

    Have fun working on your Modern Mini Contest! I can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognise that backing fabric - I have a Nicey Jane jelly roll. I have used half of it to make this quilt: http://missbeaujangles.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-latest-quilt.html and am in the process of using the other half in a quilt-as-you-go quilt.
    I agree about the black and white, it really sets off the colours, will have to give that tip a try! Off to check out the rest of your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it is beautiful!! Great choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice !! and I love that black & white stripe also ; I may have to go shopping !! I just made some pinwheel table runners and one of the was square ! It may be my favorite .

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is perfect to bring in the spring! I really love the black/white, it makes the rest really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! I like the black/white binding, too!

    Visiting from QuiltStory's link-up!

    Mrs.Hearts
    www.busyhandsquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pinwheels - they say 'fun'. You are a busy bee.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...