Thursday, August 29, 2013

Wash Day Sewing Kit

Wash Day Sewing Kit by Fabric Mutt

This poor sewing kit has been languishing on the shelf for a few weeks now, waiting patiently for a blog post of its own. Well, today is the day! Ever since I saw Melinda's version, I wanted to make one of these sweet little bags. The pattern is a bit tricky but well worth your time. You can purchase it here on Craftsy.

Wash Day Sewing Kit by Fabric Mutt

The main fabrics in this piece are from the Wash Day collection by Makower UK for Andover Fabrics. I just love the colors and designs in these fun prints. They've been a big hit with my girls, too, all of whom can't get enough of those clouds and clothespins.

I originally planned to keep this one myself, but I might instead be passing it on as a gift. We'll see if I can actually part with it when the time comes...

Linking up to Finish It Up Friday.

14 comments:

  1. This is incredible - great fabric choices for this awesome pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - it is fantastic! I'm still in need of a simple pincushion and needle case - I seriously just need to get on and do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bag intrigues me! Your version turned out really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute. I like the clouds too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - love this (and all those zippers - impressive)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been eyeing that pattern, and you're nudging me to buy it and try it! I can tell you're destined to make another one, whether or not you keep this one. Yours is A.Dor.A.Ble!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is really cute. and thanks for linking back to mine :) i see you didn't tack the zipper ends down. do you like it better that way?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's very cute, Heidi! I can see why you planned to keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got the pattern, and I actually had gotten the pink version of these fabrics. They're so pretty. Love how yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute little pouch! all of the pockets are great!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very adorable little kit! I love all the little compartments and the fabric is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...