Monday, August 26, 2013

Sunday Stash (Better Late Than Never)

Pineapple Upside Down Cake -- the very first Fabric Audition

Yes, my Sunday Stash Link-up post was meant to be up yesterday, but we'll just smile and pretend that I'm not late to the party that's supposed be happening at my own blog. Sigh. Just when I think I have all my ducks in a row, one of them goes swimming off to the deep end of the pond... My thanks to our gracious hostess Fiona of Finding Fifth for not banishing me from Sunday Stash link-ups for life!


This year I've started a fun little habit here at Fabric Mutt that I call "Fabric Auditions." Every week or so, I pull a stack of fabrics according to a certain theme. Some of them end up becoming actual projects and some are just a pretty stack, but it's all good fun and great practice for the design portion of my brain. I highly recommend that you give it a try with your own stash at least once a month.


This week's stack is called Autumn Sky, and it's destined to become a lap quilt for my father. My dad was loving the colors in my California Road Trip bundle (which you can still purchase from Tactile Fabrics here, by the way), so I tried to come up with guy-friendly prints that were along those lines. I ended up with a bundle of fabrics that were a bit more saturated and almost woodsy in flavor. This will be the first quilt I've ever made for my dad, which I'm kind of excited about too. I'm hoping to have finished pictures in the next month, so stay tuned.

Have some fabric in your stash that you'd like to share? Take some pictures, write a post, and show it off!

9 comments:

  1. Ok I can see why you are excited about this fabric pull. I think your dad is going to love it. I have to know what that fabric with the round colour swatches is though - so cool! Lovely to have you host.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed your analogy about ducks! Hey, it happens! That's a great idea about fabric auditions. I'm going to try doing that more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ducklings wander off all the time.... ;-) beautiful pull! It's gonna be a great looking quilt! Thanks for the idea! I'll try that as soon as I got my ducklings back together !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun fabric! I am actually using those Lush dots in my patchwork please project this week - and found it a little hard to coordinate colors with. So good for you for finding so many!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, you really need to have a fabric shop carry your fabric bundles so the rest of us can buy them....they are awesome!!! I am really loving this last one, I have a few of those fabrics but not all. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the quilt you're going to make for your dad. I also loved the California Road Trip bundle and am also the proud owner of one :D Although mine got got into by now lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the quilt you're going to make for your dad. I also loved the California Road Trip bundle and am also the proud owner of one :D Although mine got got into by now lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your choices! I think your father will be proud of his new lap quilt. Fun blog idea!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...