Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Nora Clutch Tutorial

The Glamorous Housewife
image courtesy of The Glamorous Housewife
My first contact with The Glamorous Housewife was through the pages of Country Living Magazine, and I admit that I still sometimes stop by here to revisit those gorgeously inspiring photos of Bethany's California house. One look at the incredibly chic yet practical details she featured in her interior decorating, and I knew that this was a blog I needed to visit. Bethany's website is a home for all things vintage, showcasing hundreds of ways to add retro touches to your life while still living in a modern world. I don't think a week passes without my picking up at least one great idea from her blog, so when the opportunity opened up to be one of her contributors, I naturally jumped at the chance.


Today you'll find a tutorial on The Glamorous Housewife for the little clutch I shared here a few weeks back, now officially christened the Nora Clutch. This bag is about the easiest thing in the world to make -- less than an hour to cut and sew the entire thing -- and it's roomy enough that I've had no trouble using it for regular daytime errands with three children in tow. With Christmas inching closer on my calendar, I'm also adding this project to my list of cute, easy gift ideas.

Head on over to Bethany's blog to check out the tutorial and be sure to take a look around while you're there. I promise you'll enjoy yourself.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, they are so sophisticated and charming! Heading over there right now to see how they are made. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great blog! Both those pouches are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tut and bag! Looks easy to me....will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Heidi - these look great. I am definitely going to give them a go :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really would like to add this to 'the list.' Very cool, Heidi & congrats on the feature! Sharing on AQT fb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! I love those birds, congrats on being so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The biggest reason I think this tutorial is SO smart is that it doesn't ask for fancy materials. I have all the things right now, and I feel like I could sit down and whip one (or seven) up. You're right, this would make a fabulous Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...