Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday Stash


If you're looking for the chance to share pictures of your favorite fabrics with people who understand why this is a big deal, you'll definitely want to head over to Fiona's blog at Finding Fifth. Every week she has a Sunday Stash link-up, and I've been meaning to join for a while now. Since I had a few fun fabric purchases in the last month, I thought I'd put them together in one post.


The fabrics put out by organic manufacturers like Birch, Monaluna, and Cloud 9 are some of my favorites. Their designs are so charming, and I particularly love their often retro inspired color palettes. Honestly, I would buy far more organic fabric if I could afford it! When I saw a fat quarter bundle of Fox Hollow on sale at Sew Me a Song -- an incredible place to shop if you've never visited before -- I couldn't resist. I also threw in a favorite Flea Market Fancy print and Alphabet from Books and Letters. I can never have enough text fabrics!


This bundle came from Pink Castle Fabrics, and when I pulled it out of the package, I was absolutely delighted. Though I didn't purchase them to necessarily go together in one project, I was surprised at how they all seemed to fit with each other so well. There are some prints from Odds and Ends, The Dressmaking Collection, Marmalade, and Sew Mama Sew. I also have a piece of yarn dyed linen and some of Melody Miller's adorable transistor radios. I can't wait to play with these fun fabrics!

This afternoon I'll be finishing up a swap project and delivering our church's Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes to the local distribution center. The little ones are still getting over the flu -- we're at the well-enough-to-be-crabby-but-too-sick-to-go-out stage. Hopefully we'll be doing better soon, since my husband's parents are arriving tomorrow night to be with us for Thanksgiving week. If we can just stay healthy, the week ahead has every sign of being a marvelous one.

Have a beautiful Sunday, my friends.

Linking up to Sunday Stash, guest hosted today at Blossom Heart Quilts.


6 comments:

  1. Just yesterday I was trying to remember where I had seen some Fox Hollow on sale! it is such a fantastic line :) the alphabet print is on my wish list, too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful choices! I'm excited to see what you make with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fabric additions! I just picked up one of the Fox Hollow FQs a little while back - soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok some very lovely prints in your stacks. That cursive script reminds me of handwriting lessons back in primary school. That transistor print may have to go on my wish list. How cool for a Zakka project! Lovely to have you link up Heidi.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...