Monday, November 26, 2012

Simplicity

Simple Life, pillow, pillow cover, patchwork, children

A few months ago I won a gift certificate to the Fat Quarter Shop, and I knew exactly what I wanted to get: a layer cake of Tasha Noel's darling collection, The Simple Life. The patterns and colors in these prints are so perfectly sweet, and I knew that my daughters would enjoy the detailed drawings of children and animals. There's even a little bit of text included on a few prints!


If you've never done any paper piecing before, this pattern is a fairly simple way to get started, and it makes for a beautiful project every time. I love the simplicity of the design and the way it allows me to showcase my favorite fussy cut prints.


For the back, I used a Denyse Schmidt print from her Sugar Creek and Winding Road collection. I love that shade of dark aqua.


The pillow is now sitting at the end of my couch by the Christmas tree, making me happy.

What a great way to start the week.

Linking up to Sew Modern Monday and the Let's Get Acquainted Monday Link-Up.

22 comments:

  1. Love the cushion cover, great use of the layer cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, this pillow is so gorgeous!!! Love all the lovely fussy cut prints and the pattern is just perfect. So, so happy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI! JUST DARLING!

    msstitcher1948@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pillow :) I love that fabric collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your quilt design highlights each individual picture. And I am also now craving beef stew over mashed potatoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out adorable! I just love this pattern. I have never tried paper piecing. Is it really hard? I would actually do paper piecing to make this pillow:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is such a sweet little cushion! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's absolutely gorgeous Heidi! I love it. Your paper piecing looks fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful! Utterly adorable! I love how you have made the bunting frame the inner squares :) Thank you for the pattern link too, I'm rather intimidated by the idea of paper piecing. I'm not sure why, zips don't scare me, so a bit of paper shouldn't! ;) But this looks like a nice simple one to try when I have some time after Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty, Heidi! I love this line more every time I see it. I keep passing it over because I don't have a daughter and can't figure out what to make with it. Maybe I need to get some just for making gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that pattern and that fabric! Your pillow is adorable and I like how you quilted it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know what I'm going to do with my Simple Life scraps now. This is so darling! Thanks for the pattern link up too. That will help!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, your pillow is absolutely lovely! Every single thing about it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sooo cute. A layer cake of this "may" have ended up being ordered by me today...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do NOT usually like sweet (or romantic or shabby chic type) fabrics, but this line is just irresistible. I think it must "remind me of my childhood," as they used to say on Iron Chef. Your pillow is wonderful. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it. You have showcased the feature prints beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...