Friday, November 2, 2012

Something



I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. 
 -- Edward Everett Hale

Jennifer of Knotted-Thread is looking for people who can contribute quilt blocks. The blocks will be joined into quilts and personally delivered by her later this month to people in her home state of New Jersey who are dealing with stunning losses from Sandy's devastation. If you can help, please check out the Flickr group here.

It's a small thing, but in the face of so much pain, sometimes it's the small things that matter most.

5 comments:

  1. I signed up. It is a comforting thing to be able to do even just a little :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It breaks my heart every time I see one of these photos. I will head over to Knotted Thread now to see what I can do. Thanks for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh it makes me grateful for our usually temperate climate.
    thanks for the link x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing this quilt gifting idea with your friends in the quilting world, Heidi. Someone receiving a beautiful, handsewn quilt will feel the special love and concern of the person who assembled the quilt blocks. Bless you, Heidi.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...