Sunday, August 26, 2012

Vintage Holiday QAL Week 4: Blocks 7 & 8


Things have been so busy at my house lately with so many activities, errands, and sewing deadlines that it seems like Sunday has officially become "Sew Like a Mad Woman Day." My husband, bless his heart, always gives me a few hours in the late afternoon to work on projects. I'm usually able to get my Vintage Holiday blocks done before dark falls, but this week I just couldn't make it happen. I hope you'll forgive me the indoor pictures taken on our kitchen floor -- it was the best I could do tonight.

Block 7
Block 8
Block 7 is arguably my favorite block so far -- I just love the way this one turned out. It's a perfect one for fussy cutting, and I loved being able to showcase one of those pretty bouquets from Flea Market Fancy. I've also started saving those four little triangle pairs that you snip off the edges of each ornament block for a later project. I'm not sure what it will be yet, but I love the idea of using the scraps from this quilt to make something else.


It's probably just as well that I had to take my photos indoors this week because I don't know how I would have held all these blocks down outdoors in the breeze tonight. I'm absolutely loving all the color in this quilt. Every week it's a fun new challenge to see where I want to go with it...

Linking up with the Let's Get Acquainted Monday Link-up.




11 comments:

  1. Oh they are lovely! Well done! I dont think I can catch up at this stage, I may have to wait for the next QAL, but its great to see the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are looking realllly nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Block 7 is perfect. Love the graphic fabric - what is that? Oringinal FMF perhaps? It will be a spectacular quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I first clicked on your post my first thought was that Block 7 was my favorite so far - guess we think alike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are just sooo cute. I really need to get going on mine! Oh well, no guilt right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look wonderful together and I agree block 7 is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're just so pretty! I love the fabrics you're putting together. . . Terrific fussy cutting with those flowers in the blue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving following along with your quilt! Thinking we might have to trade quilts... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the blocks, the colours and different design details in each of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to make one of these. I love'em

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...