Friday, August 31, 2012

August


August seemed to be a month of endless surprises -- some good, some not so much. All in all, I'm not too broken up to move on to September...

On the sewing end of things, though, there were some fun projects this month. Looking at the mosaic, I'm happy to see that I'm still trying different things. I have a tendency to get stuck in a rut in so many areas of my life, but I would rather not do that here. I've had a ball hosting the Vintage Holiday QAL with all the wonderful people who are following along -- this is definitely going to be one of my favorite quilts, I can tell already. I even have a few other finishes this month that aren't pictured here, but I'm looking forward to sharing them with you in the weeks ahead when I'm officially allowed. And for those of you who haven't yet entered my blog hop giveaway, hurry! I'm picking the winner on Monday morning.

Meanwhile, I'm ready to welcome September -- and maybe a few days of weather actually below 100 degrees? -- with open arms.

Linking up to Fresh Sewing Day at Lily's Quilts.

12 comments:

  1. That's quite a bundle of work for this month, especially as it's not all of it.
    Hope September is a better month for you. And yes, I can see the want of cooler weather. Of course, you could also do something a tad drastic to get away from such hot temps - move to the UK. That's what I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the apron in particular - it's fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooove the Christmas piecing! Here in the UK I'd have liked a few days without torrential rain! (though not remotely envious of the 100s either - no pleasing some people!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of beautiful projects there, well done! They all look stunning, I can't pick a favourite!
    Hope September is a bit cooler for you - though as Nic says the UK is nowhere near as hot - we've just had the wettest summer ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Vintage Holiday blocks look fabulous!! Almost there!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work, as usual Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything in your mosaic is wonderful! I'm looking forward to your secret projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything in your mosaic! Loving the apron more...absolutely loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your projects are beautiful Heidi. The apron really caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful projects! The apron and the flying geese quilt are my faves! I'm totally with you on the summer heat! I thought we got a cool front last week, but it turns out it was still 94 degrees :D. I guess anything feels better than 100+!

    ReplyDelete
  11. well I think it's been a good month project-wise! Glad your QAL has gone so well!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...