Wednesday, August 8, 2012

On the Road Again

Just a quick post today...Bunny is chomping at the bit for her first day of school to get started!


This makes the third time this year that my sewing space has moved, but I think the third time really is the charm for me. I'm loving this new area, and hopefully my machine and I can put up our feet and stay a while. We're now occupying a corner of the classroom/playroom, using some old family furniture that has turned out to be quite a delight.


My mom suggested that I take over the old secretary desk that she once used for her sewing stuff, and I don't know why I hadn't thought of it before. There are a ton of little nooks and crannies in here that are perfect for storing notions.


The glass cupboard up top now showcases my smaller precuts and fat quarters along with my scrap buckets.


I also have an old cupboard next to the desk for holding extra fabric and thread as well as smaller pieces of batting.  A sideboard from IKEA works as my cutting table and storage for my machine when it's not in use. The light coming through the window is wonderful, and I love having a view right out to our little rose garden in the backyard.

This little quote that I copied years ago is staying where I can see it while I work:


That sounds about right for the day ahead. :)

Linking up to WIP Wednesday.

16 comments:

  1. School starts today? Love that quote. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great space you have, so creatively inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great space! I think you will get lots of goodies made there:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a true quote isn't it! Maybe I need to hop off here and follow that quote;)

    First though, I adore your new sewing space and all the wonderful furniture you added:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a sweet space you have! Love your scrap buckets-and the quote. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely piece of furniture just waiting to be feeling very useful and special. Now that is a little corner I would gladly sit down in. And I often have a week where no needle pierces fabric but that's life with a busy family. I hope you get your sewing opportunity this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you believe - I have that quote too, written in calligraphy and illustrated, by my fathers' sister for their parental home who knows how many years ago. She gifted the little framed script to me and my husband about 30 years ago.
    The words of mine are slightly different, and I'm sure there are many different variations out there. Mine reads :
    "Lord, I shall be verie busie today. I may forget Thee, but do not Thou forget me."
    and it was attributed to Lord Jacob Astley as a prayer before the Battle of Edgehill in 1642.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your old cupboard, it is fabulous! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea with the scrap bucket stacking! I need to do that. I LOVE your space- it's so cute :)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea to use a secretary for a sewing space! So clever!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great place to sew. :o) Love your buckets too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful space and love the old cupboards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great place to sew! I love those little orange and blue buckets!!! Do you know where they came from?

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...