Sunday, August 19, 2012

Vintage Holiday QAL Week 3: Blocks 5 & 6


We're halfway through the quilt blocks this week, and I'm having to restrain myself from forging ahead to finish them all by the next post. I can't tell you how much I enjoy making these blocks. I went a little bit more with the Christmas vibe this week in the prints I chose. I'm trying to balance as I go along, keeping all the blocks in mind as I make the next one so that they'll fit well together. Here are the close-ups:

Block #5

Block #6
And here are all the blocks we've made so far:



It sounds like you're all having a great time working on your blocks too. I love seeing your pictures in the Flickr group. Stop by if you have the chance and leave some nice comments!

It seems like it's always feast or famine around here where sewing is concerned. I was able to get more done this weekend than I had expected, so come back tomorrow to see what else I've been working on...

Linking up to the Let's Get Acquainted Monday Link-up.

16 comments:

  1. They are all so lovely Heidi! I really love the vintage-y feel. Every time I see your posts, I get so excited to start this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the blocks look great together. It will be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are going to make the most lovely quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks really look great. I am a little bit behind on mine right now with how busy work has been and being sick, but I hope to catch up this week and finally start posting pics to the flickr group. You are right though, these blocks are very addicting to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new blocks! I have to admit that I went ahead and finished all of mine this weekend (I couldn't help myself!) and can't wait to put them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ornaments look so great together. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh they are looking really great! I love the "Christmas but not Christmas" look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heidi, Your blocks look really great together. Love how you added a Christmasy looking block. I'm also having a hard time holding myself back from going forward I had to take a baby-step and just cut everything out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good at the half way point!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love your blocks and love love this QAL! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...