Today we have made it a third of the way through the 100 Day Hustle, Kelsey's wonderful support group for those of us who want to accomplish everything (or mostly everything) on our to-do lists before December 31st. I have to tell you that I was a pretty happy camper when I checked my progress today. So far I've been able to finish about half of the items on both my mandatory and optional lists -- far better than I thought I would do when I wrote these last month, I assure you. Just click on any of the pictures below to take you back to the original project post, unless the photo is making its debut today. Here we go...
1. Christmas potholder for my grandmother: DONE. This was a quick finish -- as in less than an hour. If you're looking for a last minute holiday gift, keep this one on your list.
2. Finish Vintage Holiday quilt (backing, quilting, binding): DONE. I'm so glad to have this quilt finished and in use. It also took another potential item off my list since I now don't need to make a new bed quilt for Miss Bear.
3. EPP block for Travellin' Pic-Stitch Blog Hop: DONE. This item is also a start on one of the items on my other list as you'll see below.
4. Modernista Swap Project: DONE. I just finished putting my package of goodies together yesterday, and I plan to mail it over the weekend.
5. Modern She Made Swap Project: IN PROGRESS. My fabric choices have been approved, and I've picked a pattern and started cutting.
6. Play quilt for my nieces: IN PROGRESS. I've chosen the fabric and am deciding on a pattern.
7. Diaper bag for my sister: NO PROGRESS.
8. Camera bag for my brother-in-law: IN PROGRESS. I've chosen the fabric and pattern, and now I just have to get this one made.
A few more projects have made their way onto my list in the past month...
9. Scrappy Stash Quilt Along: IN PROGRESS. I'm about a third of the way through my blocks and absolutely loving this project. Forgive the poor lighting in this picture, by the way; it was evening before I was able to get this photo taken.
10. Amy Butler's Weekender Bag: IN PROGRESS. I've chosen my fabric and cut out the pattern pieces, but the bulk of my sewing should happen this weekend. Lori and I are co-hosting The Long Weekend next month, a blog hop featuring different bloggers' versions of this amazing bag. You can check out the details here.
11. Blog Updates: IN PROGRESS. There are a few things that I've been wanting to do with my blog design, and you may notice some changes already up, hopefully giving it a cleaner look. I'd still like to add a few more things, including a page showing my finishes from the past year.
WOULD LIKE TO DO
1. New purse for me: DONE. This is, hands down, my favorite purse ever.
2. Pillows for the family room: IN PROGRESS. I'm counting my EPP project as the first of many to come.
3. Tula Pink Sew Along project: DONE. This pillow cover was a gift for my brother-in-law and his wife. I'd like to make another one for our home -- more progress toward finishing number two on this list.
4. New advent calendar: NO PROGRESS.
5. Finish new quilt for Bunny's bed: IN PROGRESS. The top is almost complete; I just have to add a border of white around the edges of the center design. Then I need to do the backing, quilting, and binding.
All told, I'm feeling pretty good about my chances of finishing my Must Do list before the end of the year, and I'm hoping to finish more from the Want to Do list as well. This sew along has not only given me great accountability, but sitting down to make my lists really helped me focus on the finishes that were most important to me. With the chaotic schedule of the holidays coming up, that kind of organized motivation is priceless. Kelsey, you're my hero!
How are you doing on your list? Please share!