Monday, September 9, 2013

Alterations (Part Two)


As I've mentioned before, buying clothing is not always the easiest thing for me, but last February I had my first adventure in the alterations department and it's quickly becoming a habit I love. I can't tell you how freeing it is to know that I'm not limited by the pieces available at the store.  No longer do I have to worry about mailing a piece of clothing back from an online shop if the fit isn't exactly right, and I don't have to panic if they're all out of my size in the first place. This was originally a dress on sale from Old Navy that was actually two sizes larger than I usually wear. A couple measurements, a little pinning and cutting, and a few minutes at my sewing machine were all I needed to end up with a very comfortable top.

While I love the idea of clothes shopping, the reality is not always so pretty. This makes reality almost enjoyable. Almost.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi! You're so clever. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! My problem with alterations is that I buy things intending to alter them and then never get around to it ;) It does make shopping so much more fun, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post and the Feb. post! as someone with a little extra junk in the trunk and hood and everywhere else I don't enjoy clothes shopping at all!!! Plus I'm short coming in at 5'2". So a good fit rarely happens. I've become a pro at hemming jeans though :) You look super cute, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay, how very clever. Love the top.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...