Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Quilt' N' Things Scrappy Projects


I've been chatting with Lana Norton, owner of Quilt' N' Things in Montrose, California, this summer, talking about the joys and challenges of running a quilt shop. She's been wanting to work more closely with designers to help promote our work and draw people to her shop. As a part of that process, she sent me three of her wonderful scrappy sixteenth bags to make a handful of projects that she can display in her shop. I added some scraps of my own and had a wonderful time relaxing with patchwork this week!


The first project I made was a toy wallet, altering the Manicure Set pattern from my book, Sew Organized for the Busy Girl.


My girls are always bringing little miniature toys with them or collecting small items like bottlecaps wherever they go. This wallet is the perfect place to keep them!


I absolutely had to make a Deluxe Pincushion from my book. I've never made one of these that I didn't love. They're so quick and fun and perfect for showcasing tiny scraps!


The last thing I made was a Road Trip Pillow from the Fast Fabric Gifts booklet I wrote for Love Patchwork & Quilting last year. This is such a simple project, but I love how it lets the fabrics shine. I wound up with a light, happy rainbow of prints, and it all feels so summery to me.


For the envelope closure on the back, I used a canvas print with gold metallic accents that I've been saving for a while.

These projects are on their way to California right now, and as hard as it was to let them go, I'm so happy that they'll be enjoying a special spot in Lana's shop. Be sure to drop by Quilt' N' Things if you're in the area!

7 comments:

  1. Love that store. Your projects will look good there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your tutorials are so mind-blowing and give the best techniques which are very helpful. You should share more things about this topic because lots of things are still missing but superior papers service offer good material. But your work is always appreciable for me and your job always well done.

      Delete
  2. Delightful! I hope they come back to live with you some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such happy items - and beautiful precision sewing on these cute projects. So glad they will be showcased for others to enjoy! Now you need to make some for yourself too :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that shop. Went there for the Row by Row block. I live in the high desert so it's 1.5 hrs away. Such a fun display of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute projects and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, that canvas was perfect for that pillow! LOVE the pincushion - just adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...