Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Five & Dime Goes to Market


My Five & Dime fabric made it's debut at Quilt Market last weekend. I wasn't able to attend, but the dear people at Riley Blake/Penny Rose were kind enough to let me have a corner of the main booth for a small display. I spent several weeks sewing up as many things as I could before everything had to be mailed off. It was so much fun to finally get to play with my own fabric!

I love the Girl Friday Sewing Case from my book which you see at the top of the post. It has so much room inside for tools and projects on the go!


This Trinket Case was the perfect chance for fussy cutting. I spotted that gum ball machine charm at Hobby Lobby and just couldn't resist!


I had to make a Deluxe Pincushion (also from my book) with all my tiniest fussy cut pieces.


These baby shoes make my heart melt. The pattern is from Zakka Handmades by Amy Morinaka.


This Boardwalk Mini Tote is from the Fast Fabric Gifts booklet I did for Issue 41 of Love Patchwork & Quilting last year. It makes such a fun reusable gift bag.


I can never get enough patchwork pillows. This cover features a large courthouse steps block.


It's so great to see a spectrum of all the colors and prints in one place on this pillow cover, and I love the way they look against the gray background. These diamonds can be pieced so quickly, making for a great fast finish.


My last project was a quick half apron in my Packaging print, complete with a bow and pom-pom trim.


Thanks to Cindy Cloward, I was able to get a glimpse of my display on Instagram. The biggest project in my display was my new Storefronts Quilt, which will be a free pattern on my blog. Would you believe that I was in such a rush to get it bound and mailed off to St. Louis that I completely forgot to take a finished photo? But I'll have a photo (and a pattern) for you coming soon...promise!

21 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get my hands on some of this fabric. I owned and ran a small five and dime store for 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many cute makes!!! Its hard to choose a favorite but it might be the diamond pillow cover; all of the colors together is so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute items - especially love the apron! Looking forward to your store front quilt pics and pattern. Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I love this range Heidi! It is fresh and crisp! Those diamonds are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this fabric! All of the projects are perfect. mary in Az.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great display! I love your fabric and the cute items you made with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this collection so much, it is just adorable! Everything you made was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like your hard work paid off! Those projects are a perfect showcase for you new fabric line (which is adorable). Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH my goodness: I love your new line!! I can't wait to see the whole thing: it looks like it will be fun for so many projects! When is it coming out? Congratulations on designing a fabric line, by the way! So happy for you!!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heidi I just loved seeing a peek at your booth last weekend and now seeing it all up close! I love how you made so many of your signature items, that trinket case and pin cushion are my favorite �� Such a sweetly adorable line, I can't wait to play with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful fabric, can't wait to buy it! Love all the fussy cut ideas - the print size looks like it will also work well for Barbie and American Girl doll items. Gina G.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, everything is so gorgeous,hard to choose only one best favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your creativity is amazing, Heidi! So many great ideas and so well sewn. Am very proud of you. :-) Love, mother-in-law Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so Love following you. Every time a look at an email or a blog post etc..., I just feel happy. I know this is an older post but I am about a month or more behind . :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love everything about this fabric. I adore vintage looking fabric and the colors! This line is just perfect! I hope I can find it near me!! We don't have many authentic fabric shops near me. JoAnn's is it for fabric. There's a little quilt shop about 45 minutes away in Amish country.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Heidi, I really love your pillow case with diamonds. I bought one charm pack of your "Five & Dime" fabric and I'm asking which kind of dotted grey fabric is the fabric that you have used for it. I would like to buy some equal to yours. Can you remember? I also congratulate you on your book I bought in e-book version from Italy. Bruna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bruna, thank you so much for your sweet words! The grey fabric is a Riley Blake Swiss Dot print. I use a lot of their Swiss Dots in my projects. They make a wonderful basic!

      Delete
    2. Thanks I'll try to get it somewhere in Europe - it's going to cost less in shipment. bye bye

      Delete
  17. Dear Heidi, I couldn't find any swiss dot R.B. in grey all over Europe! (known Online shop I mean)and I finally bought 2 fq of "Riley Blake Designs Sweet Orchard" by Sedef Imer, pattern C5484-GRAY- Text. The shade of grey is very light - lighter than it seemed on my pc display - actually it looks more taupish than grey. I can't take a decision about it. Yesterday I found a U.K. shop that sells "Spot On Fabric by Makower" but the choice goes from Steel Grey to Silver. I may ask an advice to you? thanks Bruna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Heidi, I couldn't find any swiss dot R.B. in grey all over Europe! (known Online shop I mean)and I finally bought 2 fq of "Riley Blake Designs Sweet Orchard" by Sedef Imer, pattern C5484-GRAY- Text. The shade of grey is very light - lighter than it seemed on my pc display - actually it looks more taupish than grey. I can't take a decision about it. Yesterday I found a U.K. shop that sells "Spot On Fabric by Makower" but the choice goes from Steel Grey to Silver. I may ask an advice to you? thanks Bruna

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...