Friday, October 7, 2016

Apple Farm Makeover

Apple Farm Table Runner and Patchwork Pillow by Heidi Staples of Fabric Mutt

I've known Amanda from Westwood Acres for years now. In fact one of the first full collection bundles I ever bought was from her shop, a fat eighth stack of Madrona Road by Violet Craft that I could not resist late one night. Amanda asked recently if she could send me some fabric to use in an upcoming blog post, and she surprised me with a lovely bundle of Apple Farm by Elea Lutz (one of my favorite designers, as you know) and a gorgeous stack of Lecien's Modern Basics text prints which I'm dying to use in my next patchwork project. Seeing those darling Apple Farm prints, though, made me decide that it was time to make a few fun accents for our breakfast nook. 

If I had to pick my favorite furniture in our home, it would definitely be the Amish breakfast nook that my parents purchased when we moved to Texas. It's perfect in every way (the seats even lift up to reveal storage for all my table linens) and it's been a sweet spot for the girls and me to share breakfast together every morning before we start school. I use green plastic cafeteria trays for the girls to eat on so that we keep the mess contained -- another one of my favorite things -- but the table has been needing a small, narrow runner to brighten things up. 

Apple Farm Table Runner and Patchwork Pillow by Heidi Staples of Fabric Mutt

I pulled out my copy of Quilty Fun by talented Lori Holt and opened to her adorable Apple-licious Quilt. I used her two apple blocks to create a small runner that's just the perfect size for our table. The background fabric tends a bit toward the busy side, but I've learned that, when it comes to table runners, that's probably for the best if I want to hide any spills and splatters! Lori is such a genius when it comes to making cute blocks that sew up easily and quickly. These were such fun to make.

Apple Farm Table Runner and Patchwork Pillow by Heidi Staples of Fabric Mutt

It took me less than an hour to whip up a quick patchwork pillow to add to our bench that would go with the runner. Simple squares are always a favorite with me, and I love being able to make another fun addition to our pillow collection for the breakfast nook. 

Apple Farm Table Runner and Patchwork Pillow by Heidi Staples of Fabric Mutt

My girls were absolutely delighted to see the new decorations for their special spot, and I'm pretty delighted to have friends as nice as Amanda who made it possible. To me this is everything that makes fall cozy. All that's missing is a pot of tea and some cookies. Speaking of which, I'd better get to work on that...

9 comments:

  1. very cute pillow and runner, i love these fabrics :0) greetings from denmark Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so neat... I love the apples. They are cute. Fabric is neat..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just perfect! Makes me want to buy some of that fabric and make a cute pillow for my granddaughter! Love the cafeteria tray idea too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay. I must admit. I just bought the fat quarter bundle from Westwood. And I don't really need more fabric . . . my daughter tells me I need an intervention!! LOL!

      Delete
  4. Very cute--really makes a cheerful statement! The fabrics are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful pillow and table runner. Love your breakfast nook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are the sweetest, Heidi! I'm so glad we are friends!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pillow and table runner set is awfully cute!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...