Friday, August 8, 2014

Sewing School: Pillowcases


It's been a busy week of jumping back into a school schedule, which is both a tough adjustment (no more staying up until midnight watching Burn Notice with my husband) and a good one (little girls who are busy with classwork have less time to drive each other bonkers). Bunny has been begging me for another sewing lesson, and a special fabric package gave us the perfect opportunity for a new project. Illustrator Missy Kulik sent me a few of her cute designs on fabric this summer so that I could sew something up with them for my blog. Bunny immediately fell in love with the strawberry print, and we spent an afternoon making a new pillowcase for her bed. I even let her do a little sewing all by herself for this one, and I don't think I've ever seen her so proud.


Bear and Mouse were indignant to be left out, of course, but I still have this girly Diamonds & Rubies print left. I have no doubt that it will become a set of pillowcases before the month is over...

9 comments:

  1. I love the pillowcase detail, would you share the pattern? please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew cute! Those are wonderful strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Those strawberries are making me very nostalgic for the Strawberry Shortcake sheets I had as a kid! This is much more tasteful though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! What a great idea for back to school. Wonderful job, Bunny! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect project for getting your feet wet! Those strawberries are really quite nice too......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those fabrics are darling! Lucky you..and your Bunny is one lucky bunny! That's a super cute pillowcase!

    Happy back to school time! I am a teacher, so I know the whirlwind of adjustments that the new school season brings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those strawberries are really quite nice one. love that.


    Beacon Hill Fabric

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...