Saturday, July 26, 2014

Tiger Tracks Satchel

Cotton + Steel Tiger Tracks Satchel by Heidi Staples of Fabric Mutt

Three hours.

That's how long it took me from the moment I found a package from Hawthorne Threads in the mailbox all the way up until I put the finishing touches on this little satchel bag. When I laid eyes on Alexia Abegg's adorable linen tigers for Cotton + Steel, I just couldn't wait to start sewing.

Cotton + Steel Tiger Tracks Satchel by Heidi Staples of Fabric Mutt

I've had miniature satchel bags on the brain this month, dreaming up designs and wanting to try them out. This was my first effort, and I have to say, I'm completely smitten with the results. I kept this version very simple and relatively small -- about 9 1/2" x 11" x 2 1/2". The bag is lined in black and white linen Mochi Dots, and I used cotton webbing for the straps. All the stitching is done with Aurifil thread in my favorite shade of gold.

Cotton + Steel Tiger Tracks Satchel by Heidi Staples of Fabric Mutt

Several of you have asked me on Instagram if I'll be writing a pattern for this one. The answer is yes. Give me a week or two, and I'll have something up on the blog.

And thanks for the encouragement, my friends.

15 comments:

  1. Super cute! You have a knack, girl! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep coming back to look at this - such a perfect design for such gorgeous fabric :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design and super cute bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely fabric! It makes a great bag for sure. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so adorable! Such a great design and the gold thread is a really nice detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll definitely be making one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! This type of linen is my favorite fabric for bags. My only question is - do your packages arrive after bedtime - where were your daughters?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's quite a record Heidi. Three hours, wow! It is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a lovely satchel! I love the effect of the neutral linen against the brighter print fabric. Might have to make myself one if you do a pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesomeness!! Really cute in design and fabrics!! Can't wait for the pattern.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, not only am I in love with the pattern/design, but that fabric is adorable! Very cute, love the polka dotted interior, too. ^-^

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...