Friday, December 13, 2013

Charley Harper Pouch & a Winner


I made a little zipper pouch for a dear friend of mine last week who was having a birthday, and forgot to share it with all of you. These Charley Harper prints by Birch are so amazing. I love the colors and designs.


I did just two lines of quilting on both sides of the pouch, tracing the lines of this cheater print.


The lining is Country Twang in Pearl Snap from Eric and Julie Comstock's new Honky Tonk collection for Moda. I'm telling you, those Comstocks always include at least one "must stash" print in every one of their lines. I adore this design!

It was great fun looking through all of your favorite sewing book titles during this past giveaway week. Your answers ranged from vintage to modern, and I saw lots of titles from my own personal library tucked in among them. A very unofficial tally of the results seems to show that the two most popular books are Sunday Morning Quilts by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkison and Free Motion Quilting by Angela Walters. Both are highly recommended!

I wish I could send a gift certificate to all of your inboxes, but since I can only afford one, we'll go with Fiesta. I've sent you an email and hope to hear back from you soon!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Linking up to Finish It Up Friday.

11 comments:

  1. Very sweet pouch. I must try to get some of that fabric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pouch! I wish that fabric wasn't so darn expensive because I would love to buy up a whole bunch of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cheater print and how you've used it - and congrats to your winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fabric line was already on my top 3 list of must-haves! Gorgeous pouche!!!
    Congratulations Fiesta!!!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt@yahoo.com
    ipatchandquilt.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pouch is great! Both fabrics are awesome, I am sure your friend will LOVE it. So nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Charley Harper fabric!!
    Congratulations to Fiesta!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Fiesta!!! Thank you for hosting the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pouch is super cute!
    Congrats to the winner!
    I wanted to mention how much I love Reader's Digest Complete Guide to Needlework. It's a wonderful resource. Have a great weekend, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...