Thursday, July 18, 2013

Catching Up


It's been a week of catching up on life and coming down from the exhausting high that is vacation. Believe it or not, there's been lots of sewing going on here. Unfortunately, I can show you none of it, and yes, it's killing me. So instead, I'm sharing a few pictures (the last of the cell phone photos for a while, I promise!) from last week in hopes that you'll bear with me a little longer before I can once again bring you the latest from my sewing room.


If you're ever in Southern Arizona, you must stop by the Santa Cruz Chili & Spice Company. This little roadside shop is packed to the rafters with incredible spice mixes and locally made salsas. My father and husband are positively addicted to their Hot Picante Sauce, and I love to pick up bags of ancho chili powder to use in my cooking. The girls mostly love walking around the store and testing all the spices. We didn't let them anywhere near the Trinidad Scorpion chili powder, though my husband insisted on giving it a try.


My sweet mother-in-law insisted on treating me to a shopping spree at the local quilt shop. Quilter's Desert Patch is an incredibly unique shopping experience. Imagine a trailer home where every crevice in every room is stuffed with bolts of fabric and sewing notions, and you've pretty much got the idea. Melanie was a wonderful hostess while we were there, and even let me take her picture for the blog.


Though she mostly carries traditional fabrics, I was able to spot some modern prints in there. I brought home this stack of goodies which I can't wait to use in some upcoming projects. And for those of you who missed it on Instagram, I'll leave you with one of the few light moments in the eight hour drive to Arizona -- my favorite road sign:


It gives me a laugh every time...

15 comments:

  1. Being treated to a fabric store shopping spree...yeah!! Your choices are great. Sounds like you are really enjoying yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a lovely vacation. Love your new fabric purchases. What is the black and white one? Looks amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous signage!! Made me laugh so much :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a sign like that near us as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, that sign is perfect! Glad to have you back posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so hilarious! BTW, I love that architecture print from 3 Sisters. I've used a bunch of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home - what a fun trip. And that sign - yikes! (talk about obvious!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are home safely. I noticed you in an IG comment just in time to see the highlights from your trip :)It is nice travelling through others some days! Cute fabrics! I still wish I had yardage of that peacock print!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That first picture is just gorgeous - in fact they are all great :-) Have fun catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful pictures, love the sign :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great sign! I wonder if there ever is escapees out there? Look at the condition of the road! It's all broken corrugated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back!!! Very cute fabrics, I love the black and white one. There is a hitchhiker sign near the state jail in my old hometown and I had a tire blowout right in front of it...slightly terrifying :D!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha! That sign is so funny (and a little bit serious too...). I love that Cuzco fabric. Is that Architextures to the left of it? I really like it!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...