Thursday, May 30, 2013
Back in March I answered a Creative Troupe Callout by C&T Publishing to make a project using Kraft-tex, a heavy duty art paper. It was quite the challenge deciding what to make, but I finally decided on a portfolio featuring the paper as the outside cover. I added a patchwork detail to the front and fabric binding along the outside edges. Sewing with paper is tricky and not nearly so forgiving as fabric. I had to rip the patchwork piece off my first attempt and try again because when I pulled out some accidental stitches, the holes were still there in the paper to remind me of my mistake. Being super careful with the second attempt had better results.
The inside has pockets for paper, utensils, cards, etc. I used some favorite fabrics for this piece, and I have to admit, it was hard to mail it off to the company knowing that it wouldn't be coming back to me. One of these days I'll have to make another to keep.
Today I'm putting the binding on my second Heather Ross quilt. This one has been in progress for a while, and I'm so happy to be wrapping it up at last. I'll have pictures for you tomorrow, so be sure to stop by!