Monday, July 30, 2012

Another Perspective


I have so enjoyed the two project swaps I've participated in this year: Modern She Made and Modernista Homemade. The projects have been fun, and the people have been marvelous -- there is an unbelievable amount of talent in both groups. It sounds like they'll both be having another round this fall, so be sure to check it out.


For my Modernista project, I made my Perspective Mini Quilt -- you can read about it here. One of my swap friends loved it so much that I decided to attempt making a similar mini quilt with the last of my fabric scraps as a gift for her.


This one is definitely different -- one rectangle instead of two circles, pieced instead of appliqued, different binding and backing -- but I enjoyed trying to do a variation on one of my projects. I'm hoping that she'll enjoy it too.

In other news, be sure to stop by Maureen Cracknell Homemade today. Maureen was kind enough to hold our last pre-QAL giveaway this week. Another $25 gift certificate to the Fat Quarter Shop is up for grabs, so don't miss out! The Vintage Holiday Quilt Along starts up officially next Monday -- can you believe it? -- so be sure to get your fabric and pattern this week so that you can start sewing with us on August 6th. I'm thrilled to see that there are more than fifty of you already joined up in the flickr group. This is going to be so much fun!

Also, I want to remind you to keep following the Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop this summer. I have so enjoyed getting to meet so many new bloggers over the past few months; Beth has done a phenomenal job putting this whole hop together. Stop by Plum and June to see who's up this week!

Happy sewing!

9 comments:

  1. I love the background fabric you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. That architecture plan fabric is so different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. That background fabric is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice quilt! I can see why your friend loved it! I will have to check out your links!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great this way too! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this quilt, it's just awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both this one and your swap quilt! I finally caved and ordered that lovely architectural print.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this! But I have to be a little selfish and say I love my quilt more =D!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...