Monday, January 14, 2019

Bluebirds on Roses Breakfast Placemats

Elea Lutz's Bluebirds on Roses EPP Hexagon Breakfast Placemats sewn by Heidi Staples of Fabric Mutt for Riley Blake Designs

It's not an exaggeration to say that I mark my calendar whenever I see that my dear friend Elea Lutz is releasing a new fabric collection. I've been collecting her prints for years now, and they're some of my favorites in my entire stash.


Her latest release is called Bluebirds on Roses, and it's absolutely beautiful.


See what I mean? It makes me SO happy just looking at it!

Elea Lutz's Bluebirds on Roses EPP Hexagon Breakfast Placemats sewn by Heidi Staples of Fabric Mutt for Riley Blake Designs

I've been going through a hexagon phase lately, so I decided to make EPP hexagon flowers which I appliqued to small round placemats that my girls can use underneath their breakfast cereal bowls in the morning. Won't these beautiful prints be a lovely way to start the day?!

Elea Lutz's Bluebirds on Roses EPP Hexagon Breakfast Placemats sewn by Heidi Staples of Fabric Mutt for Riley Blake Designs

I love to do hand sewing in the evenings while my husband and I relax in front of the television after a long day, and these hexagons were such fun to work on as we laughed together over a favorite show.

Elea Lutz's Bluebirds on Roses EPP Hexagon Breakfast Placemats sewn by Heidi Staples of Fabric Mutt for Riley Blake Designs

The colors are just perfect, and I especially love the tiny details that Elea has sprinkled throughout each print: bluebirds, kitty cats, strawberries, cherries, and of course, flowers galore. Her designs are such a beautiful cross between traditional and modern, and they always make me smile.

Elea Lutz's Bluebirds on Roses EPP Hexagon Breakfast Placemats sewn by Heidi Staples of Fabric Mutt for Riley Blake Designs

Bluebirds on Roses is appearing in stores everywhere now, but I have a feeling that it won't be around for long. I've already bought a little extra to have on hand...you know, just in case...

8 comments:

  1. These are absolutely adorable! I would love to learn how to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cute. I usually use y EPP for quilts and bags but really should do some smaller projects like this. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Breakfast will be much more fun with these underneath. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! I just finished making the Apple Farm pillow you showed on your blog (pretty much copied yours exactly). I think it too is a Elea Lutz collection? I'll be giving it to my granddaughter next week for her birthday. She's been saying she wants a car pillow and I think it will be perfect for that. I may pretty much copy your cute EPP placemats too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also making a lot of hexies. I take care of my 95 year old dad and we do a lot together but I drive him also to his doc appointments. So making hexies is fun. I can't believe a year ago I said to myself, "I don't that that looks fun or interesting- no time) and here I am. What happened.
    I love the little placemats. These would make great gifts for all the people I love.
    I need some of this fabric now.
    Thank you for sharing this great idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful.I love add hexies to the small projects and I 'm making hexiea for a future king size quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! I absolutely love this fabric and have a bundle myself 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are perfect...would sure make me smile just to see them.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...