Thursday, November 29, 2018

Little Red Deluxe Pincushion

Little Red in the Woods Deluxe Pincushion by Heidi Staples from Sew Organized for the Busy Girl for Fabric Mutt

I get to share one of my favorite new collections with you today: Little Red in the Woods by my talented friend Jill Howarth.


These fabrics . . . oh my goodness . . . the cuteness is beyond words. Not only do they share darling illustrations of the classic story, but this collection also includes some fabulous small scale prints which are just perfect for the tiny patchwork I love to do.

Little Red in the Woods Deluxe Pincushion by Heidi Staples from Sew Organized for the Busy Girl for Fabric Mutt

While I'm stashing these prints for future projects, I knew that I wanted to make a Deluxe Pincushion right away from my book Sew Organized for the Busy Girl. The nine patch block on the front pocket is the perfect place to turn a spotlight on all the sweet details Jill features in her designs, and Riley Blake Designs Swiss Dot in teal made a perfect frame for it.

Little Red in the Woods Deluxe Pincushion by Heidi Staples from Sew Organized for the Busy Girl for Fabric Mutt


I also carefully fussy cut a picture of Red and the Wolf to be peeking over the pocket on the main body of the pincushion. For the tag on the side, I used a bit of twill tape that I had custom printed featuring a design from my upcoming Shortcake collection. I was delighted that it matched the fabrics so well!

I'm completely in love with this project, and it's been sitting on the little shelf above my sewing table where I can look at it every day. Jill's illustrations are always so full of joy, and I love to add more of that to my sewing space with her fabric!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday last week. Thanksgiving vacation was pure bliss at our house. Eating amazing food, sleeping in every morning, getting out the Christmas decorations, spending hours of fun with my beautiful family -- I couldn't have asked for more. It's moments like these that remind you how blessed you really are, and I definitely want to hold that thought close to my heart as we finish out this year and get ready to start a new one.


5 comments:

  1. This is so precious!!! I LOVE how you fussy cut the front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Just the cutest fabric ever. And that pincushion is adorable. What a beautiful stitch your machine has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. Now I want one too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used this adorable fabric--sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty remarkable post. I simply came across your blog and desired to say that I have really enjoyed searching your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...