Sunday, December 4, 2016

Fast Fabric Gifts


One of my favorite challenges in 2016 was writing a booklet called Fast Fabric Gifts for Love Patchwork & Quilting Magazine Issue 41. I've created a lot of patterns over the last few years, but nothing has felt more my style than these 6 quick patchwork projects. Rainbow colors, linen accents, and fussy cutting galore fill these pages, and it all makes me happier than I can say. I spent months writing directions, auditioning prints, sewing samples, and taking photographs before mailing everything off to the lovely people at LPQ who put it all together into the most beautiful little booklet that comes free with Issue 41. It was finally released this month, and I'm so excited to share it with all of you -- just in time for last minute holiday sewing!


The Curio Pocket will keep your smallest tools in line, just perfect for organizing your creative space or sewing on the go.


Keep your change close by -- and get a little taste of English paper piecing -- with the Laundromat Coin Purse.


The simplest pattern in here might also be my favorite. I went crazy with fussy cutting on the Road Trip Pillow!


The Snapshot Needlebook is small but handy. I love featuring a favorite fabric scrap on the cover!


The Gadget Sleeve was designed for an e-reader, but you could easily adjust the size for other items. The piecing on this is tiny but so fun!


If you're looking for a reusable gift bag, you'll definitely want to whip up a Boardwalk Mini Tote. Hooray for gift wrap that doesn't have to go into the trash can!

You can find issue 41 in local quilting shops and bookstores or order a digital copy. Check out the Love Patchwork & Quilting website for details!

11 comments:

  1. I really need to find a copy of this issue! Your booklet looks wonderful, and so handy to have on hand for a last minute gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful fabric choices! I'd love to riffle through your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally ordered a subscription of the magazine, this will be my first issue! I have commented to you before on your precision, especially your top stitching. Can you suggest a tutorial for me that would help me achieve the smooth, flat seams and avoiding stretching or distorting the fabric, especially with the HST''s or the flying geese. You have shared with me it takes practice, but I am hoping there is a process out there that will help me get there. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful projects Heidi. 💟💟💟

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw your blog for the first time today. I'm sure that I'm 20 years older but they style of tradition and playfulness are exactly the same. Hoping to find Love Patchwork and Quilting soon. @stitchandthimble

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Heidi,
    I came here by accident and I`m so happy, just love what I have seen so far!
    I`ll follow and take the Link to your blog into my bloglist.
    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to go look for that magazine: I'm in need for some fast gift ideas!! :-) I love your fussy cutting on the projects: you always use some fun prints in your projects. I have your book and love the things in it too! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Heidi: I just picked up this issue of the magazine solely because of your work! I love all the projects! But it is driving me crazy...I know a lot of these fabrics are probably from your stash but can you please at least tell me what vintage/retro sewing theme fabric you used? Thanks so much!
    -Alane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alane, you are so sweet! Many of the vintage style prints I used are by Suzuko Koseki. Just do a search on Etsy, and you should be able to find her fabric!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful and lovely creations! I especially liked the choice of the fabric and you have wonderful precision and neatness in quilting. I would get my hands on this magazine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is simple and beautiful and has a quality I admire. I will definitely be making some of these quilting for myself and almost certainly as gifts, too!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...