Friday, June 1, 2012

Fresh Sewing Day, a Feature, and a Finish



It's amazing to me how the months used to just flow into each other, and I didn't really see them go by. Now that I participate in Lily's Quilts Fresh Sewing Day, I'm so aware of the passing of another month, and it shocks me to see how quickly they come and go. Above you can see my mosaic for May...lots of fun projects this month. I finished up my items for the Modern She Made Swap and got a fabulous package in return. I'm still loving the Zakka Along, and I was able to participate in the Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop this week, which will be running all summer long. Looking back, it's been a great month!


                                                         

I'm so excited to be featured on the weekly Follower Friday at Knotted-Thread today! Jennifer is both super sweet and super talented -- I love her retro flowers quilt. Be sure to drop by and check out her wonderful blog.


It's taken me a month, but I've finally gotten around to finishing Bear's Castle Peeps quilt for her toddler bed. I basted the other two quilts last night, and I'm hoping to wrap them up over the weekend. The girls were circling me all evening with eager little faces, wanting to know if they'd be sleeping under their new quilts tonight. If only...

Today my husband turns in his keys at the end of another school year -- he teaches history at a nearby middle school. To say that I'm ecstatic that he'll be home with us for the next two months is a supreme understatement. I'm looking forward to a joyful summer with the people I love more than anything else in the world. And maybe a little sewing time...

Wishing you all the happiest of Fridays!

Linking up to Fresh Sewing Day, Sew & Tell Friday, and Confessions of a Fabric Addict.




12 comments:

  1. Wow!! What a busy one you have been. I love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great sewing month for you! Congrats on the feature and wow about summer - that sounds lovely to all be home to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've probably commented individually on all the lovely projects in your mosaic but I'll say again - it all looks awesome! And looks great together -I love linen and color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finishes...great job!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done!

    What a treat to have every one together all summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you really done all that in a month?! Wow!!!! I love everything in your mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the mosaic of projects is so great. it must be so fun to see your accomplishments for the month all in one place like that. i love the rainbow affect of the one quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You have accomplished so much, amazing. They are all beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a cute quilt and good job with so much done. Hooray for summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the feature. Look at all the beautiful projects you have finished this month. Great job - all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that little clutch on the bottom along witht he quilt next to it.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...