Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Favorite

Picking a favorite quilt may be somewhat like picking a favorite child -- how can you do it and still look the others in the eye? Yet I have to admit that this simple lap quilt is high on my happy list. I used two packs of charm squares in the Hometown fabric line by Sweetwater for Moda Fabrics. The muted colors and simple patterns are a delight. I had laid out the squares in a completely different pattern to begin with, but it just didn't quite click for me. I went back the next day and pulled it apart, stacking the squares in color groups and separating them with cream colored strips of muslin. One of the floral designs in the line serves as the quilt backing. I had thought about giving it away, but I just couldn't give it up. So now it sits quietly at the end of my bed, making me smile every time I see it.

1 comment:

  1. Heidi,
    This one is beautiful! Subtle and light -- you are creating such great quilts. I look forward to more on your blog in the future.
    Much love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...