Thursday, September 4, 2014

Happy

Patchwork Happy Coaster by Heidi Staples of Fabric Mutt

Last night I was up late, tired from a long day and frustrated with my two younger daughters who simply would not fall asleep. Rather than sit upstairs and stew about it, I decided to head down to my sewing corner and make something happy. This little coaster was the result, and it definitely fits the bill for me. Sometimes I need to remember not to let circumstances dictate my emotions. Choosing joy can be such a powerful thing in our lives, and I'm often amazed at how changing my attitude can make things so much better!

The prints are a mix of favorites from my stash, all finishing at one inch square. I did a little embroidery on the front of this project, adding raindrops behind that cute little girl with her umbrella (by Alexander Henry, I believe) and underlining the message that jumped out at me when I laid eyes on this scrap of Alison Glass text print.

Patchwork Happy Coaster by Heidi Staples of Fabric Mutt

The back of the coaster is one of Heather Ross's sweet bee prints. I also added a little twill tape loop on the side for fun.

You girls melted my heart with all your comments on my last post. I wish I had enough money and fabric to send you each a care package, and I admit, I couldn't resist adding a few more names to my list. Brenda, Jules, Fran, Marti, and Lynne have all received emails from me this afternoon. Please get your mailing addresses to me as soon as you can!

Have I mentioned that you all bless my socks off? I could sew by myself, but it would be awfully lonely without all of you to share it with me. Thanks for keeping me company!

17 comments:

  1. love this! I'm going to make one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi..I love that little coaster! What a happy little piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a great attitude Heidi. After a hard week I am in a grump this morning, but instead I am going to choose joy and thankfulness. Thankyou xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right about choosing joy! Our attitude is so adjustable and we are in complete control...no one has a right to choose it for us! I love to escape to my little piece of heaven I call my sewing room too when life gets out of whack. Your sweet coaster is a good reminder of the positive spin you put on a frustrating situation. Good for you...and thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely way to spend your evening after trying circumstances! Gorgeous coaster! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to make lemonaid out of lemons! Love your post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coaster is very pretty indeed. I hope that you get a good nights sleep tonight. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's amazing how messages are sent to us, when we least expect it. Happy and positive thoughts help so much more than feeling negative! Love the coaster. Keep it where you can view the message whenever life gets too overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous coaster out of tiny scraps! I LOVE the text print highlight- what a gentle reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've pinned your coaster. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your "make lemonade" attitude! That coaster is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just adorable! Makes me want to make a whole bunch of pot holders.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful to turn a difficult situation into something positive, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This made me happy. I think I might try one tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm always late reading blogs, but I Love how you put the raindrops on the little girl square. Such a cute coaster. I want to do this when I get time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! Sew glad to find you. Going to follow on several places.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love you attitude and the coaster. Makes me happy just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...